Who knows which way the wind will blow or where I'll be tomorrow, but this is about my journey in this life. The life I have been given is a beautiful & blessed one. Below you will find posts about my journey. This is my journey, this is "Life as I Know It."

Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Chapter Closes, Another Opens

I was inspired by my good friend, Amanda, to make a blog post. I had created this blog, much like her, to keep up with first my travels as well as my senior year at Baylor. As you can tell, I obviously did not blog...Oops! So thanks, Amanda, for your recent post--you've inspired me to update mine! :)

As some of you may know, I graduated from Baylor University one week ago. I was lucky to have my family (mom, dad, and sis) as well as my Mommom & Poppop come to the Wack to celebrate. I am officially a Baylor Alum and have officially started the next chapter of my life. While last Saturday was a day of rejoicing and celebration, I also felt a sense of sadness. The reality had sunk in: I'd be leaving the place I loved, that molded me into a better person, and gave me some of the best friends and memories I could have ever asked for. With that being sad, it was hard to say goodbye to my friends. Baylor has brought so many wonderful people into my life and now we all were heading in different directions. Ahhh! I've come to the realization that this is apart of life and what we experience, it's a "new chapter" that God has so graciously blessed us with; it is a matter of trusting in Him, His promises, and plans. I have no doubt that God will continue to bless the friendships I've made at Baylor, as well as the future of my friends and myself. He is good to those who love Him.
My 4-8 Mathematics Education Cohort before graduation. Blessed to have experienced 4 years with these ladies!

Celebrated with Britt & Chris @ Baris, along with my family!

I consider myself blessed because I have a j-o-b. The state of education in Texas is in "limbo" right now and the fact that Connally Junior High offered me a position as a 7th Grade Math Teacher is wonderful. I am extremely thankful and blessed to have this job and look forward to working with some amazing people come August. With that being said, I'm staying in Waco. I have found a one bedroom apartment outside of the "Baylor Bubble" where I can start this next chapter. I move in June 17. Here we go.

In the mean time, I'll be staying in good ol' Llano spending time with my family and friends. I have plenty of weddings to attend, including one tonight, and some travel time with my pops. I'm excited for a little R&R in Llano, planning for my classroom & apartment, traveling, and preparing for my new future.

1 comment:

  1. Love you so much Kels! Glad we'll both be in Waco and that we can keep each other accountable for blogging!

    ReplyDelete