Who knows which way the wind will blow or where I'll be tomorrow, but this is about my journey in this life. The life I have been given is a beautiful & blessed one. Below you will find posts about my journey. This is my journey, this is "Life as I Know It."

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kangaroos…Koalas…Dingos…Oh My!

Today (November 14) was an eventful day! Deanna and I woke up and decided to go on a morning jog. We jogged down the peer and ended up at Brisbane’s botanical gardens. It was a great run; it’s amazing to run along the peer in a beautiful country…you tend to forget about the rest of the world for a while! I am hopeful that we will continue these runs every now and then!

After the run, we came back to the apartment and decided to purchase a day of Internet. The main purpose of this: to listen to the Baylor game. So…Baylor Bear Football…you had some very dedicated fans in Brisbane, Australia! Deanna and I were fairly impressed with the bears until the second half until we left to go to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Bears, we are loyal fans, but we were very disappointed in the loss today…it was sad, very sad, however, our spirits were uplifted when we got to the sanctuary and saw some koalas.

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary has been around, I believe, since 1927. In this sanctuary, there are, of course, Koalas, but also multiple other animals. I had the opportunity to see and be insanely close to kangaroos! I also got to hold a Koala! It was a once and a life-time experience and I am truly thankful and blessed for it! Australia is a beautiful country, with beautiful creatures and people!

Here are some pictures from the day:

My attempt at making a "Hot Toastie" aka a Grilled Cheese for lunch...yep, they didn't have non-stick pans in the apartment.
Kasey and I on the cab ride to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Just chilling with the Roos...Yes, I got that close! :)
Precious, sleeping Koala. What was funny is we passed by the "Kindergarten" sanctuary...they were suppose to be the MOST energetic and playful...they were definitely asleep!
This one is for my students! Here is a Dingo! So yes, they have them here and yes, they are like a dog!  
Holding the Koala named Serenity! :) So Precious.
The crew (Jessica, Kasey, Deanna, Me, and Sarah-Beth) at the sanctuary!
Tomorrow is my first day at Whites Hill College! Here's to a scheduled routine and the start of more work than "play." I'm nervous, but SUPER excited to meet my students and teacher...here goes nothing! :)

I'll try to keep up the posts as best as I can. All is good here in the land of the Aussie and God has truly blessed this place with His creation. Look forward to sharing more!

Until next time,

Kelsey Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment